Monday, January 25, 2010

When ribbons give you a bad bow, make a bow holder!

This was a very exciting and productive weekend. And I am on my second entry related to bows on my blog so look at me go! My birthday was this weekend so my bow making time was limited but I couldnt sleep (I get too excited) so I dreamed up a new bow. Here she is! Actually this is showing the type of clips I am using. They are called Alligator Clips, they work well in baby hair and also work in adult hair. I will probably continue to use this type.

Here it is! Its a flower (hopefully you can see that yourself). I think that I need to tweak this one a little but the main concept is there. What do you think? Is it worth it to make more? I have some more ideas for bows floating in my head now...but I am waiting until my husband has a job before I buy anything else.
I had to throw a picture of my saints bow out there since they won and are going to the Superbowl! I am normally not very excited about that sort of thing but I clearly remembering people joking when I was a kid about them going to the Superbowl...and now they are going. The game was actually on at our house last night. Michael (the man I THOUGHT would never be a sucker for football when I married him) wanted to watch it. So we had it on while I cut his hair with a Flowbi/vacuum hair cutter (it came out nicely). Then we had "cookie time" (a nightly tradition since Ness was born) and watched Born in the Brothels. Since we got rid of cable and got NetFlix for our TV (not the DVD but the box you get for your TV) I have been watching A LOT of documentaries...but I am not complaining...I love them.
This is just a new bow, I have no idea how this would ever match an outfit...but its cute!
This is everyone's favorite...I like it too.
Something green for St. Patrick's Day! I want to make a ton of these but I know that St. Patrick's day is BEFORE the Craft Fair (that I am going to take part in)..so I doubt they would sell...sadly I have a whole roll of this ribbon...I might make them anyway, they are so darn cute!

15ish bows so far!

So remember that ugly bow? Well I decided to make it into a bow holder! I may make some of these for the craft fair but I am not sure. They are easy to make; they just use a lot of ribbon, and I dont want to waste ribbon if they wont sell. What do you think?

With bows.
If you are curious about what this is head this way:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2627686&id=23442110&l=20faf2866d
And here are some pictures from my birthday, I also took pictures of all my birthday gifts!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2627677&id=23442110&l=f0b0e4f1bd

So there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment